Sunday, September 18, 2005

Illustration Friday-Escape


Drawing has always been of my favorite way of escaping the real world. So this week I give you a self portrait of doing just that. I'd also like to take this time to thank everyone who has commented on my drawings these last few months. It really means a lot to me. Drawing was something I had kind of given up on until recently and I'm glad that so many of you have given me the encouragement to do it again.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jaimie said...

Really great drawing.
I love it. Art is a great escape from the mundane world.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Lovely sketch.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya know that didnt even occure to me that drawing is an escape... awesome, and i like the lil sketch too :D

11:47 AM  
Blogger Seth Russell said...

Great idea, I was having a blackout with my artwork for awhile till I found Illustration Friday. You definatly shouldn't give up, you have some great skills!

12:14 PM  
Blogger carla said...

I'm glad you've started to draw again...it's so good for the soul, and it's a pleasure for us! Isn't it amazing how you can sit down to draw something and all of a sudden it's hours later! I like this illustration very much.

2:19 PM  
Blogger RAY DILLON said...

Hey, mine too. Nicely done.

Keep up the drawing, man! Do it just for the love of it, as you clearly do love it.

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's about time you got back to drawin', bro....maybe "Rodney the Platypus" will finally see the light of day....or perhaps the aforementioned "Disentigrating Man"? Hmmmmmm?

SRT

4:41 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

I like the simplicity of the pencil sketch. This was beautifully drawn. I also really like your idea for this topic. I think many of us feel the same way. :0)

1:26 PM  
Blogger Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Great line work. I like this piece. It feels, of course, 'personal'.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home