Sega Dreamcast I LOVE You!!

Just as the title suggests, I love my SEGA Dreamcast. It was a system that deserved a longer lifespan, but I'm glad that it had a life at all. I still recall late-night sessions of Soul Caliber with my roommates Roy and Miguel. We would play until somebody threw something at the screen or at someone who had just handed them their ass for the hundredth time. It really had a way of making or destroying friendships that, to this day, I haven't experienced the same way with newer systems. The saddest thing about it is that it would have failed no matter how well it sold. SEGA had lost so much money with bad business practices that by the time the Dreamcast hit stores, it would have needed to sell millions of units in its first year just to stay in production. Alas, it couldn't do that, not by a long shot. Although, by most standards, it sold well, it couldn't make enough money to dig SEGA out of the hole they put themselves into. So it was taken out of production less than two years after its debut. So, to most, it was a flash in the pan system that was killed by the Playstation 2. I think it is still a cool little system. I still throw in Soul Caliber every once in a while and marvel how damn good it looks and plays.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home