Friday, August 05, 2005

Originality is dead and Hollywood killed it


What has the world come to? This summer we get two film adaptations of old t.v. shows and at least two remakes of older films. Why do I bring this up you ask? I bring it up because over the years I've read countless screenplays people have posted on the internet, many of which would make wonderful films, and still we get remakes of Willy Wonka and the Dukes of Hazzard. I know that Hollywood is all about making money so it doesn't really surprise me, but I'd like to see an original film that doesn't come from the Independent Film machine. I hate the fact that you have to make a film with no redeeming qualities to be considered original. I know that there can be a movie that has a blockbuster feel to it without being a mindless rehash of things that were considered crap when they were new (cough..Dukes of Hazzard).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home